[Libreoffice] Easy Task - remove non-compiled / dead code

Jean Charles Papin jean.charles.papin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 09:18:51 PST 2011

Thank you for your encouragements.

But unfortunately, most of the deleted comments were done by hand, because I
was unable to really make an distinction between comments and the commented
code.
Some times, comments and commented code will appear in /*...*/ .

My C program tries to delete /*..*/ blocks (i.e. "*if( _running(target) /*&&
Max_proc != 1*/ )* ") in one simple line, or blocks that not contain lines
which start with '*'.

Therefore, I started to search files which contain comments markers with
grep :p

It's long, but I'll continue !

2011/2/11 Thomas Arnhold <thomas at arnhold.org>

> Hi,
>
> looks nice. But that doesn't replace manual overlooking what was
> deleted. For example in dmake/dmake.c was the following left:
>
> "/* Uncomment the following line to pass commands to the DBUG engine
>     * before the command line switches (-#..) are evaluated. */"
>
> This comment was related to "DB_PUSH("d,path");". You have to delete
> this too, otherwise people will get confused.
>
> But at all it looks great. Have you run it on a greater repo like calc
> or some similar? How many lines got deleted/changed?!
>
> Thomas
>
> On 02/11/2011 04:34 PM, Jean Charles Papin wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I've removed non-compiled pieces of code for boostrap.
> >
> > I hope it's ok ;)
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Jean-Charles Papin