[Libreoffice] New feature: print current page

Christoph Noack christoph at dogmatux.com
Fri Feb 11 13:38:17 PST 2011

Hi Cor, hi Tobias!

Am Freitag, den 11.02.2011, 11:59 +0100 schrieb Cor Nouws:
> Hi Tobias,
>
> Tobias Ollmann wrote (11-02-11 12:28)
>
> > I'm rather new here, so I don't know if something similar has already
> > been posted. But I'm missing a very important feature in the printing
> > dialog, namly an option to print the current page only.
>
> The old behaviour in OOo was
>   - select option Pages, that default to the current page.
> WHich is what you want.

True. Funnily, that is what I've originally wrote:
        Group "Range and copies": Slightly improved layout which is
        based on the original printing dialog, since we have to respect
        our existing user base. [1]

Seems that the original behavior hasn't been preserved :-\

> With the new Printer Dialog, you can select Pages, but nor does it show
> the current page, nor does it get the focus,
> IMO two usability bugs.

Correct. Concerning the latter, I somehow remember that this was in
discussion and I have been overruled.

> > Are there plans to implement something like that?
>
> Not that I am aware of.
> But improving the behaviour in the current dialog would do too, IMO.

Indeed, that would be great. I noticed another issue that seems to be
different with regard to the original specification. And, there is a
serious usability/utility issue since the dialog doesn't save printer /
printing options in certain cases. So if there is a helpful (developer)
hand, then I'd like to resolve this ... Anybody? :-)

Cheers,
Christoph

[1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Printerpullpages