[Libreoffice] Question about cppcheck "unused private"

Julien Nabet serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Sat Feb 12 04:26:34 PST 2011

Hello

With the last git version of cppcheck, I've got in the master branch
writer/sw/source/ui/dbui this :
[./dbmgr.cxx:222]: (style) Unused private function
'SwConnectionDisposedListener_Impl::disposing'

I tried to comment the following lines :
- (222) virtual void SAL_CALL disposing( const EventObject& Source )
throw (RuntimeException);
- (2922-> 2936) : the function
void SwConnectionDisposedListener_Impl::disposing( const EventObject&
rSource )

and here is what I got :
Compiling: sw/source/ui/dbui/dbmgr.cxx
/home/maryline/compile-libreoffice/libo/clone/writer/sw/source/ui/dbui/dbmgr.cxx:
In constructor 'SwNewDBMgr_Impl::SwNewDBMgr_Impl(SwNewDBMgr&)':
/home/maryline/compile-libreoffice/libo/clone/writer/sw/source/ui/dbui/dbmgr.cxx:238:
error: cannot allocate an object of abstract type
'SwConnectionDisposedListener_Impl'
/home/maryline/compile-libreoffice/libo/clone/writer/sw/source/ui/dbui/dbmgr.cxx:219:
note:   because the following virtual functions are pure within
'SwConnectionDisposedListener_Impl':
/home/maryline/compile-libreoffice/libo/solver/330/unxlngi6.pro/inc/offuh/com/sun/star/lang/XEventListener.hdl:23:
note:     virtual void
com::sun::star::lang::XEventListener::disposing(const
com::sun::star::lang::EventObject&)
dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../../../unxlngi6.pro/slo/dbmgr.obj'

I don't understand these errors and so how to correct them.
If it's a false positive cppcheck, I don't understand why.

Could someone help me with all this stuff ?

(gcc version 4.4.5 (Debian 4.4.5-10) )

Julien.