[Libreoffice] Undo Redo Re: [REVIEW] Re: SmNodeToTextVisitor Fixes

Luke Dixon 6b8b4567 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 09:12:52 PST 2011

Hi Michael, Jonas,

On Fri, 2011-02-11 at 10:15 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	Quick question, while I'm here: what are the blockers for enabling this
> by default on master ? was it undo/redo ? or do we have any malingering
> known crashers / mis-features left.

I think Jonas fixed the crash I noticed.
There are 2 more bugs at bugzilla.freedesktop.org, I don't think they
would be too difficult to fix.

It seems that undo/redo is the major one and I just worked out why
undo/redo wasn't working, noticed it while looking at Caolán's unit
tests for starmath. I've attached the patch.

I made it also update the formula when undoing or redoing stuff. I
didn't enable updating only as an experimental feature, as I don't quite
get why it doesn't update already. It looked a little bad when undoing
from the visual formula editor. I hope it will be okay :)

I noticed that when undoing the cursor position goes to the front of the
formula, not sure that is too easy to fix, but I figure having undo is
better than not. Perhaps I could update the Easy Hack to be for this
instead.

It would be great to have Jonas' great work on by default, and with
undo/redo, perhaps it is now possible?

Regards,
Luke