[Libreoffice] Segfault in regcomp while creating registry

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Mon Feb 14 02:16:37 PST 2011

Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> could someone please help me to understand what that registry is
> all about ? The term reminds me to the Windows registry, which
> essentially is a poor-man's ldap (w/o schemata) and nothing a
> simple filesystem can't do ;-o

Yes. And with a lot of subtleties, and possibly different critical
paths - so general statements like this are usually kinda unhelpful.

At any rate, there's some work going on around the uno registry,
that should get you started & possibly also has pointers to more
fundamental explanations:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Passive_Component_Registration

Cheers,

-- Thorsten