[Libreoffice] DirEntryStack not used?

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue Feb 15 12:33:38 PST 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 20:45 +0100, Christina Roßmanith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to figure out whether DirEntryStack is necessary or not. This
> is what I did already:
>
> 1. ./g grep DirEntryStack:  found class implementation in dirent.cxx
> and  "TOOLS_DLLPRIVATE USHORT                ImpTryUrl( DirEntryStack&
> rStack, const String& rPfad, FSysPathStyle eStyle );" in fsys.hxx and
> "@echo DirEntryStack>>$@" in a makefile.

I see DirEntryStack aStack; in DirEntry::ImpParseUnixName in
tools/source/fsys/dirent.cxx which suggests that it might still be in
use. "ImpTryUrl" however seems unused.

> 2. ./g grep ImpTryUrl: found the line mentioned under 1.
>
> Should I just comment it out, try to build and if this is fine then I know it's
> not used anymore?

Well, its the quickest way to find out if it might be used. Clearly if
it does build without it it might be the case that its used under e.g. a
different platform or different debug level, suggesting it needs to be
ifdefed inside the same guards as its users. In this case I think it
looks used, but quite probably ImpTryUrl isn't and can be removed, which
might mean that various bits of DirEntryStack might also be unused.

C.