[Libreoffice] EasyHack: Improved bug filing form / flow

Daniel Neel dneelyep at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 19:32:06 PST 2011

Ok, a quick status update on this. Have been working on it some more - the
current code is available at http://dneelyep.webs.com . Notes on the current
progress below.
____________

Added the information on getting a Linux backtrace

Added information that can pop up depending on which checkboxes are checked.
Currently missing information in several items - is there helpful stuff to
be added, or best to leave some of them blank?

Added a Submit button - not currently setup to bring up a pre-filled bug
report.
    Clicking it takes you to the bug reporting page - this should be set up
to link automatically to the pre-filled report instead - currently working
on this.

Added a link to bypass all of these steps if the user wants to.

Only remaining steps are to fill in the checkbox info with useful
information, add new checkboxes if needed, and set up the bug reporting
pre-filling thing.

So the plan for doing the custom fields is to generate a custom URL, based
on the options selected by the user.

An example pre-filled URL:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?alias=&assigned_to=mclasen%40redhat.com&blocked=&bug_file_loc=http://&bug_severity=normal&bug_status=ASSIGNED&comment=&component=general&contenttypeentry=&contenttypemethod=autodetect&contenttypeselection=text/
plain&data=&dependson=&description=&form_name=enter_bug&keywords=&maketemplate=Remember%20values%20as%20bookmarkable%
20template&op_sys=NetBSD&priority=low&product=accountsservice&qa_contact=&rep_platform=Other&short_desc=&version=unspecified

The fields available appear to be:

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?alias=

&assigned_to=
&blocked=
&bug_file_loc=
&bug_severity=
&bug_status=
&comment=
&component=
&contenttypeentry=
&contenttypemethod=
&contenttypeselection=
&data=
&dependson=
&description=
&form_name=
&keywords=
&maketemplate=
&op_sys=
&priority=
&product=
&qa_contact=
&rep_platform=
&short_desc=
&version=

Which can for our purposes be narrowed down to (I think):

&comment= # Fills the description field. Can be used to remind the user to
attach files depending on previous answers.
&keywords= # If used, will need to follow this format:
word1,%20word2,%20word3  (the %20 represents a space)
&product=LibreOffice

The 'keywords' field can be filled with info such as a "crashesprogram" or
"lossoflayout" field or similar while the 'comment' field can, as mentioned,
provide reminders to the user to perform actions.

Does anyone have more suggestions by chance to improve this? I'm definitely
interested :).

Thanks,

Daniel