[Libreoffice] DECLARE_LIST() Removal Project

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Tue Feb 22 10:05:36 PST 2011

Hi Joseph,

On 2011-02-20 at 20:40 -0800, Joseph Powers wrote:
> Here's a quick update on the project:
>
> 1. The only items left are:

Very nice! :-)

> 2. We also have a few locations where the "List" class is used
> directly with out the DECLARE_LIST() macro.
>

> My work order is:
>

> 1. Reduce the number of #include "tools/list.hxx" down to a minimum
> (it should only be used in areas that use the List class).
> 2. Convert the binfilter & svl items above to a ::std::vector<> or
> similar template. These files are only used on MS-Windows which I
> don't build on, so I'm going to just create the patches and then send
> them to Fridrich who volunteered to make sure the build ok.

My take would be - don't care about binfilter that much ;-)  If the code
other than binfilter compiles without eg. DECLARE_LIST (or the List
type), I'd just move the macro (or the List type) from tools/ to a
header that is internal for binfilter, and let it be (for now); it might
very much turn out that it will be deleted by the removal of write
support in binfilter.

[But of course, if you want to get rid of that for good, go for that.]

> 3. Fix the tools/inc/tools/ref.hxx usage of DECLARE_LIST. The issue
> here is that it's a macro that's used in several locations.
>
> Rafael is working on the following areas:
>
> 1. Convert the idl items above.
> 2. Start converting the code that uses the List class.

Cool!

[BTW, another list-like thing that I've just spotted:
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/libs-gui/vcl/inc/list.h ]

Thank you a lot, this rocks, :-)
Kendy