[Libreoffice] Patch handling guideline

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Wed Feb 23 06:17:30 PST 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-22 at 19:59 +0100, Pierre-André Jacquod wrote:
> Hello,
> if you do not mind, I wanted to propose the following points:
>
> patch submission:
> creating patches with
> >> git format-patch
> or
> sending them directly with
> git send-email
>
> I suggest the following options:
> --thread and
> --no-chain-reply-to

Done.  I've added a new section about sending patches to the list, and
I've included your suggestion there.  I admit I personally don't use git
send-email, and I'd personally like to keep that optional, not
mandatory.

> for applying, I would propose:
> git am
> which takes over user / date / commit message from the send message.
> Should we generally use the
> --signoff
> option in order to let a trace of who has pushed this?

As David already pointed out, git do retain this record without the
--signoff option, so I don't think we need to use that necesssarily.
However, we do use this option when committing changes to stable
branches, where it requires one or more developers to sign off on
commits.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc