[Libreoffice] Tools - Media Player

Christoph Noack christoph at dogmatux.com
Mon Feb 28 14:54:03 PST 2011

Hi Fernand, all!

Am Freitag, den 25.02.2011, 16:01 +0100 schrieb Fernand Vanrie:
> Thomas ,
>
> No we are not placing video in odt, files, but our editors (while there
> are working in writer), needs to see some video content as a "source"
> for there work.

Wow, that seems to be a very special case - so from my side, if the menu
item can be added manually (afterwards), then it should be fine for most
of the users. Of course, this might add some burden on your and your
editors, but most of the other users do have some benefit ... maybe this
is some kind of compensation? ;-)

> But we would like to add some
> video content to our Writerfiles and then transfer them to Epup or
> interactive PDF's

As far as I understand, that's still possible.

By the way, if I can help here ... please let me know. The only downside
is, that I'm still not that responsive as I would like to be :-)

In such cases like "Media Player use" (especially in the not too far
future), it would be nice to set up the usage data collection for
LibreOffice. Then we might track the use for "our" product, since the
OOo data gets old quickly ...

Cheers,
Christoph