[Libreoffice] [libreoffice-design] Change application background [was: How to contribute ?]

Bernhard Dippold bernhard at familie-dippold.at
Fri Jan 7 17:05:02 PST 2011

Hi Rahul, all,

Rahul Prasad schrieb:
> [..]
> *
> I was thinking of a nice background instead of a static colour.
> You can find some of my design here
> http://rahulprasad.com/public/libreOffice/writer/
> Although design is not very appealing, but I am sure people will come come
> up with better design.*

This idea has already been presented some time ago in the OOo UX
project, but has not been implemented by now (AFAIK).

I can't find the proposal right now, but I'm quite sure, Christoph knows
where to find it.

As our structure is different from the OOo project, it is much more
likely that your ideas might become implemented. What you need is a
developer interested in adding a "choose background color/image"-feature
to the product.

I'm forwarding this mail to the developer list, CC'ing you, so you
should get their replies even if you didn't subscribe to this list via

I don't know if this feature is easy or hard to implement, but perhaps
it can be added to the list of "easy hacks":
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Easy_Hacks

... where developer can pick it.

Best regards

Bernhard