[Libreoffice] calling web services

Peter Jentsch pjotr at guineapics.de
Sun Jan 9 12:59:36 PST 2011

Am 07.01.11 23:24, schrieb Dan Corneanu:
> Hi,
> supposing I would venture in writing a content provider implemented in
> C++ , to make a CMIS repository accessible to libreoffice,
> what library should I use for accessing the web services on the server?
>
> Best regards,
> Dan.
Hi,

I'm not aware of any web service stack currently incorporated into OOo
or LibO. If you want to implement a CMIS client yourself, you might want
to have a look at Apache Axis/C++
(http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/index.html). Apache also has a CMIS
Server implementation with accompanying clients in incubation
(http://incubator.apache.org/chemistry/opencmis.html). If your
implenentation language requirement isn't C++ but "not Java", there also
seems to be a pyhton client available
(http://incubator.apache.org/chemistry/cmislib.html), which might be
usable, too, depending on what exactly you want to do with that CMIS
content provider.

Personally, I'd be interested in what you want to achieve functionally
with the CMIS content provider, i.e. what CMIS features you want to
support (and how). I guess most content repositories that support CMIS
now might also still export some WebDAV service, which should be
supported by LibO out of the box.

Cheers,

Peter