[Libreoffice] [FIXED] Re: debug build fails because graphite ./configure not up to date

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Sat Jan 15 12:16:55 PST 2011

On Sat, 2011-01-15 at 00:43 +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A build with --enable-debug (or is it --enable-dbgutil?) fails in
> graphite... for a problem already corrected in graphite's
> configure.ac, but its "configure" is outdated and thus the problem
> still surfaces.

Ah, I see. So I've now added a patch into that graphite module to sync
the configure.ac logic into configure.

> Before I got to the point of trying to disable -Werror (and
> understanding why it was enabled in the first place), I fixed one of
> the warnings. Patch attached, still does not hurt to apply janitorialy
> :)

Well, we do occasionally patch those "external" modules, but try to
avoid it. The ideal place to send patches to graphite would be to the
upstream graphite project and poke them to release a new update at some
stage and then just upgrade to the latest graphite.

We're behind in quite a few modules from the leading edge, we should get
up to date in more of them, e.g. hunspell, icu, hyphen, etc. and try and
reduce the custom patching.

C.