[Libreoffice] [REVIEW] Make --help and --version work even without $DISPLAY

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Jan 19 02:51:29 PST 2011

On Tuesday 18 of January 2011, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> I am a bit tempted to make calling of EarlyCommandLineArgsPrepare()
> platform independent just so that we can remove that #ifdef UNX guard
> around it.  Is there any objection for doing so? :-)

 Not from me, but the cli arguments handling was #ifdef UNX even before my
patch for whatever reason, and I don't know the reason.

> Since the
> application service manager must be created at some point during the
> startup, I don't think creating it early would impact startup
> performance or cause any other issues.  The only thing I may be
> concerned about is some weird crash-on-exit bug that depends on the
> order of creation of global static objects...

 I think the change shouldn't change anything in this regard, as it's simply
moving the creation forward in code that's irrelevant for it, but I'm not
familiar with those areas of LO yet, so I can't say for sure.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz