[Libreoffice] Serious bug on LO Windows installer

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Fri Jan 21 03:18:13 PST 2011

> Anyhow - if there is a lag, the solution to mail delivery problems is
> not (IMHO) forcing everyone to use yet-another awful web forum thing :-)

Agree 100%.

> it would be wonderful if you could have a dig into the setup_native/ code,
> and/or the solenv/bin/make_installer.pl MSI creation to see if we can
> find what exactly does this.

It is even possible that the cause for the misbehaviour is plainly visible just by looking at the relevant part of the .msi file (using Orca, or whatever other tools there might exist to inspect .msi files).

(I don't know, off-hand, if the shortcut creation and removal is handled by a suitable standard entry in some table in the .msi database, or by explicit code in a custom action.)

So if you are more familiar with MSI than with Perl (used to create the source files for the MSI tables) or C++ (used in the custom actions run at various stages of the installer), it would be wonderful if you could have a look.

--tml