[Libreoffice] web based libre office

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Thu Jan 27 02:48:55 PST 2011

Hi Jonathan,

On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 09:36 +0100, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
> > 	Either way - I don't think this discussion really
> > belongs here - sorry.
..
> I wouldn't mind spear heading an effort to do a python port
> of LO in regards to going web based. Cant you integrate the
> C++ code we have with python?

	If you want to do a python port of some things; I guess working on some
Java -> Python conversion would be great for some of the built-in
extensions etc.

	I really think that a web based office suite is only possible in linear
time by doing something like the VCL / canvas cut that I suggested.

	I would -very-strenuously- discourage people from trying to 'port'
-all- of LO from one language to another though ;-) not because it is
impossible (though it is nearly), but simply becuase we can do -much-
more useful and productive things for people.

	So - again I would say this belongs on the crack-smoking list ;-)
though - IMHO writing a VCL <-> remote web/canvas renderer is worth
actually discussing here.

	ATB,

		Michael.