[Libreoffice] adapting to a commit account ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri Jan 28 04:01:11 PST 2011

Hi Julien,

	Hopefully someone sorted you out; but if not here is how it goes:

On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 22:24 +0100, Julien Nabet wrote:
> Here is a patch for some cppcheck cleaning in basctl
> Compiling was ok

	Great ;-)

> My git account is now created but I don't know what to do next to push
> my commit.

	Heh - so what you want to do first is switch the trees to use your git
account:

	g --rewrite-account <your freedesktop account name>

	Then you should be able to do:

	g pull -r ; g push

	and just your change will all stream up the pipe nicely.

> If someone could help me, ideally i need a quick tutorial step by step.
> I do this :
> ssh serval2412 at git.freedesktop.org

	Ah - there are a number of machines / domains. Try:

	ssh name at users.freedesktop.org

	to test.

> but I don't know what password to give (mykey-fdo, mykey-fdo.pub,
> another thing ?)

	You would need to unlock the key you created by entering the
pass-phrase; but your desktop should do that for you nicely enough;
hopefully it stores the pass-phrase in your keyring so you don't have to
re-enter it constantly when you pull / push :-)

	All the best,

		Michael.