[Libreoffice] "Upgrade" packages for windows

Arno Teigseth arnotixe at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 09:37:38 PST 2011

On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 09:25 -0700, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> > Now, is it possible/interesting to have such a feature, that people can
> > download "fixes" (Microsoft would call them hotfixes) to Libreoffice?
>
> "hotfixes" are a completely different technology, not suitable for upgrades of large complex software libe OOo or LibreOffice at all.
>
> What exists, and could in theory be used, is Windows Installer patches (.msp files).
>
> But, they are so horribly hard to produce and get to work
yea?

> reliably
oh. Yes that would be an issue ;) I had the same feeling from just
looking at my cow-orkers' "win"dows computers, with updates failing and
breaking everything, leaving you worse off than before.

I guess it would be different if the whole windows system was set up
with packages, with version controls and "this-package-depends-on"
stuff. And real super-user privileges that normal lusers could not take
on...

best
Arno