[Libreoffice] [GSoC] about removing productregistration.uno.component

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 04:53:26 PDT 2011

Hi again,

On 27 June 2011 13:20, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at novell.com> wrote:
>        Ooh - you discovered some more junk code - nice. It would be wonderful
> if you could hunt down and kill any uses of this 'preload' code - we
> don't do OEM preloads, similarly we don't have product registration
> either so killing both of these components and their related scp2/ would
> be nice:
>
> STD_LIB_FILE( gid_File_Lib_Preload, preload)
> SPECIAL_COMPONENT_LIB_FILE( gid_File_Lib_Productregistration, productregistration.uno )

I have looked also at productregistration.uno. It's more complicated
with this one.
- It is probably somehow related to published service
ProductRegistration.idl in offapi.
- sfx2 http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/libs-core/sfx2/source/appl/appserv.cxx#994
- framework http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/libs-core/framework/source/services/backingwindow.cxx#908

- desktop, but here seems to be done some great job with
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/libs-core/commit/?id=b1766315d62b509af5ee2da5760c4e8535a5f3f7
and restored with merge
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/libs-core/commit/?id=f9c53ad052cb31b8ff2727526651a79f333e3bf6
Maybe is it possible to re-apply kendy's patch?

And there is also productregistration.jar.component in desktop. It
seems to be unused but It's java and I'm not sure about that.

Thanks,
Matus