[Libreoffice] One Git v2.0

Jan Holesovsky kendy at novell.com
Fri Jul 1 09:32:55 PDT 2011

Hi Norbert,

On 2011-06-30 at 15:37 -0500, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:

> So, plan B, I tried to use git fast-export/import instead of git
> filter-branch. That plan proved successful and now the conversion
> itself takes about 30 _minutes_ (add another 15 for a final git gc of
> the resulting core.git and a couple of hours to upload it all)

This is really great! :-) - so in fact, we might be able to do even a
transition without outage / without closing the 'old' repos, right?  If
we do the conversion to master of the new onegit repo, and then
consequent exports to onegit's branch few times a day, we would be able
to merge from there to master, if somebody manages to commit to the old
repositories, right? ;-)

Unfortunately I was unable to have a look at your code, and will be on
vacations the next week - so hopefully other reviewers will step in in
the meantime?

All the best,
Kendy