[Libreoffice] [GSoC 2011][svgexport] weekly report #6

Marco mrcekets at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 13:05:46 PDT 2011

Hi all,
these are the news from my last report:

== 1 ==
I worked on improving the Slide Index and fixing some bug
that does not allow the Slide Index implementation to work
correctly on IE 9.0 and Safary 5.0 .
Now the Slide Index is supported by the following browsers:
Firefox 3.6, 4.0, 5.0, Google Chrome 11.0, 12.0 (maybe also
older version), Internet Explorer 9.0, Safary 5.0, Opera 11.50 .
Moreover, now by pressing down the Escape key in INDEX MODE we go
back to SLIDE MODE and the same slide that was shown before
switching to INDEX MODE is presented to us.

== 2 ==
Removed dead code from Javascript and C++ sources, and added more
comments.

== 3 ==
Implemented a workaround for solving the following issue: Webkit
based browsers (e.g. Google Chrome, Safary) are not able to display
the content of a placeholder text shape because of the lack of
the needed glyphs.

You can find more details on my log book:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12pIrnHkqcUu9xUbI7qblTofx1P-A4gP6J-4D2oEvphE/edit?hl=en_US&authkey=CPmx59wF

I attached a patch set based on the libreoffice-3-4-0 tag that
includes all enhancements I implemented until now.

Moreover you can download a sample svg presentation that embeds
the latest javascript based engine at:
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BwS_9-CU4098ZWY1MmQzOTMtNjMxNi00MDlmLWJhYmUtMTRkN2E4ZGYzZGMx&hl=en_US

Cheers,
    Marco