[Libreoffice] [GSOC] Report #5. Wizards

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Jul 4 03:42:21 PDT 2011

Hi Xisco,

	Peter - Xisco is working on re-writing the wizards in Java :-)

On Fri, 2011-07-01 at 16:05 +0200, Xisco Faulí wrote:
> Michael wrote:
>                Weelll - so you're both right; but really we need to
>         grub about inside the templates themselves to add some
>         improved translation scheme I think; now we have fast native
>         XSLTs - I guess we could use the native XSLT filters to allow
>         the templates to be self-standing, and yet adapt
>         to the locale nicely.
>                But - your task is primarily the Java -> python
>         conversion I guess :-)
> Xisco wrote:
> Yes, you're right but if I have some time before gsoc finishes (or
> even after) I'd like to  take a look to it. Who should I get in
> contact with in order to get my feet wet ?

	Ah - so the XSLT expert is Peter Jentsch who has done a load of great
work in this area, writing the much faster / smaller native C++ filter
etc. He can prolly help out with some code pointers, and/or perhaps some
simple example XSLTs that might be useful for translating attributes /
elements (?), and ways to get feed the required data to them elegantly.

	HTH,

		Michael.