[Libreoffice] Single Git repository migration plan

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 4 21:47:20 PDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Sophie Gautier
<gautier.sophie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> [please follow up on projects@ list]
>
> There is an planed effort to reduce and consolidate the number of git
> repositories in use (up to 20 currently) and migrate them using a git fetch,
> however it has some drawbacks with history being unusable.
> A clean up will be necessary too (the main one being tab/space clean-up).
> You'll find a C program for that indicated on the wiki page bellow.
> As a result also, the development pages will need to be updated on the wiki,
> so you'll have to monitor the changes done there.
> The script onegit.sh, which is located in contrib/dev-tools, implement the
> steps described above.
> The migration is intrusive so please, pay attention to what will be done and
> the schedule (not confirm yet) on this page
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/One_Git_Conversion
>
> Thanks in advance for your help, your feedback and your monitoring on this.
> If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask (I am for sure the wrong
> person to answer but I know where the resource is hiding :)

Once the migration takes place, each person should clone this single
Git repository, right?

Is it possible to create a tarball of the repository so that people
can download using a download manager (through HTTP or FTP), and then
they can 'git pull' in order to bring in sync?

Simos