[Libreoffice] LibreOffice browser detection

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 5 03:29:26 PDT 2011

hI *,

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Caolán McNamara <caolanm at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-07-04 at 18:12 +0200, Francois Tigeot wrote:
>
>> Oh, and by the way there are some "Internet" related options accessible from
>> the Tools / Options menu :
>>   - choice of proxy
>
> hmm, this defaults to "none" here, I would expect it to default to
> "system". One can ./soffice http://somelocation/thing.odt and it "should
> work", so not crazy.

And of course insert external data into Calc from tables on some webpage.

>>   - browser plugin
>
> We do have a browser plugin for firefox/etc. which shows .odt etc
> documents inline in firefox, so that toggle really does something :-)

And the other way round was that you could insert Object
plugin-supported stuff into impress for example given you had the
corresponding plugin installed. But I'm not sure whether this supports
current versions of the plugins, so you probably have to hunt for old
(netscape/mozilla) versions of the plugin.

ciao
Christian