[Libreoffice] Newbee question

Marcus Pedersén marcus.pedersen at comhem.se
Tue Jul 5 12:13:55 PDT 2011

Hi all!
I am interested in beeing a part of libreoffice.
I have never been in an open source project before and is new to git.
I do not want to commit myself properly until novemer as I am reading a
network course at the university til then.
But after that I will be able to put 5-10 hours a week into it.
I have written code in C++ and I realy like that language.
I am interested in coding and as I am from sweden I would be able to
help out with translation into swedish.
I was thinking that I should start out to clone the repro and start
looking at code and become familiar with at least parts of it.
so I did:
git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/bootstrap myLocalDir

I started to run through directories to find the code, but I can not see
the structure.
I do not have the same dir structure as it shows in:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice

Where do I think wrong or what do I miss?

I have searched the net but haven't found what I am missing.
I am sorry if my questions are dumb and on a real low level, but I realy
want to learn and help out as much as I can.

Many thanks!
Marcux