[Libreoffice] java 7

Marc-André Laverdière marc-andre at atc.tcs.com
Tue Jul 5 22:54:45 PDT 2011

Hello Jonathan,

I asked a similar question before. LO will keep supporting Java for UNO
(extensions) for sure.
Right now, LO doesn't bundle a JVM, and I think it will remain like that
:) So whichever JVM the user uses will be invoked to run whatever code
is needed.

There might be some incompatibilities between Java 7 and previous
versions that may cause some bugs. I hope not, sincerely.

I haven't heard of a Java 7 testing plan in place though. Maybe you
could initiate one?

Marc-André Laverdière
Software Security Scientist
Innovation Labs, Tata Consultancy Services
Hyderabad, India