[Libreoffice] Localization of an extension (dialog)

Christian Dywan christian at lanedo.com
Wed Jul 6 02:33:55 PDT 2011

Am Tue, 05 Jul 2011 16:24:40 +0200 schrieb Cor Nouws:

> I did uses it sometimes, starting from the Basic editor.
> See this link:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Basic/Dialog_Localization

That's pretty close to the other description I already followed. I still didn't manage to figure out how to actually edit localized strings from the editor without changing the real labels. Either it is broken or it is incredibly hard to get.

So I did figure out my problem, having a night in-between helped me to spot a missing & in front of the label.
For reference the working checklist:

- ConfigDialog.xdl
  <dlg:window dlg:id="ConfigDialog"...>...
  <dlg:button dlg:id="SaveButton" dlg:value="&amp;0.ConfigDialog.SaveButton.Label"...>

- ConfigDialog_en_US.default - empty

- ConfigDialog_en_US.properties
0.ConfigDialog.SaveButton.Label=Save

- ConfigDialog_fr_FR.properties
0.ConfigDialog.SaveButton.Label=Sauvegarder

--
ciao,
    Christian