[Libreoffice] Newbee question

Albert Thuswaldner albert.thuswaldner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 16:05:39 PDT 2011

Hej Marcus

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 21:35, Marcus Pedersén <marcus.pedersen at comhem.se> wrote:
> Hi!
> I am mainly interrested in coding, I realy enjoy it!
> But I thought that I perhaps could be of help on translation as well.
>
> I am so sorry I missed to continue with build as well.
> So I have tried and run into problems again.
> I tried:
> apt-get build-dep libreoffice
> and got message back:
> Can not find any source code for libreoffice.
> So I tried:
> apt-get build-dep openoffice.org
> and got message back:
> Building dependencies for openoffice.org could not be satisfied.
>
> (directly translated from swedish)
> So I tried:
> ./autogen.sh
> and got message back:
>  error: Could not find CUPS. Install libcupsys2-dev or cups???-devel.
> So I tried:
> apt-get install libcupsys2-dev
> and got message back:
> Dependency problem, Depending on: libcups2-dev but it will not be
> installed.
> So I tried:
> apt-get install libcups2-dev
> and got message back:
> Depending on: libcups2(1.3.8-1+lenny9) but 1.3.10-1 will be installed

Hmm, your problems above might be related to using the wrong
repositories. What does your

/etc/apt/sources.list

look like?

> I am using Debian 2.6.26-2-amd64.

No, this is not the version of Debian you are running. this
"2.6.26-2-amd64" is the version number and flavor of the Linux kernel
that you are running.

Hmm,  seems you are running "lenny" i.e Debian 5.0.

To be sure check what version you are running by using:

lsb_release -a

or

cat /etc/debian_version

Sorry for not being more of a help, Debian was a long time ago for me...
/Albert