[Libreoffice] after build from master - way soffice.bin is started has influence on ...?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Thu Jul 7 03:36:27 PDT 2011

Hi Cor,

On Thu, 2011-07-07 at 00:29 +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
> beginners question(s):
>
> After successfully running
>     make dev-install

	Oooh - you got a build: nice :-)

> I followed the advise
>     Developer installation finished, you can now execute:
>      cd /home/cono/src/git/libo/install/program
>      . ./ooenv
>      ./soffice.bin
>
> And did some tests.

	Ok :-)

> After finished, when typing exit, I found out that I was still running
>    /bin/bash
> which had been advised earlier after a build error.

	Ah - ok; in general it is better to run LibreOffice from a shell where
you havn't sourced LinuxIntelEnv.Set.sh - since that has (in the psat)
caused some rather odd problems.

> So, before issuing all the bugs that I found: could the way soffice.bin
> was launched have influence on certain behaviour?

	So yes :-) but perhaps not a vast effect - if these are reproducible,
it'd be great to start a clean shell - launch it from the desktop, and
then: cd /home/cono/src/git/libo/install/program ; ./soffice

	Incidentally, unless you want to run soffice.bin in gdb (dead useful
for getting traces if you have a real crash), you can just run 'soffice'
which should source ooenv for you.

	Anyhow - thanks so much for doing that cutting edge QA we need ! :-)

	All the best,

		Michael.