[Libreoffice] Do we still need to support non-XKB X11 systems ?

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Thu Jul 7 23:10:10 PDT 2011

Hi,

The file libs-gui/tools/inc/tools/prex.h tries to detect the presence of
the X11 keyboard extension (XKB) in a completely bogus way - by hardcoding
a value depending on the operating system it is build for:

  // FIXME: should really check for xfree86 or for X11R6.1 and higher
  #if defined(LINUX) || defined(FREEBSD) || defined(MACOSX) || defined(NETBSD) || \
      defined(OPENBSD) || defined(DRAGONFLY)
  #define __XKeyboardExtension__ 1
  #else
  #define __XKeyboardExtension__ 0
  #endif

It has been done that way since this file was created.

Now, I could try to use something less brain damaged to detect the presence
of the XKB extension but it has been part of X since X11R6.1 which has been
released in March 1996 ...

Would anybody object if I remove the test and consider XKB present on all
X11 systems ?

--
Francois Tigeot