[Libreoffice] [REVIEW] Better support for distro packaging

Gökçen Eraslan gokcen at pardus.org.tr
Sun Jul 10 03:53:33 PDT 2011

08 Temmuz 2011 Cuma günü (saat 17:00:48) Petr Mladek şunları yazmıştı:
> Hi,
>
> are you fine with adding the attached changes into master and
> libreoffice-3-4 branch?
>
> These changes help me to create SUSE packages. Most of the stuff comes
> from the build repo and should be useful for other packagers as well.
>
> The changes should be pretty safe. Most scripts are called only with the
> new target "make distro-pack-install". In addition, it adds few more
> configure switches and environment variables. See the commit messages
> for more details.
>
> Note that I did not migrated all features from the build repo. I wanted
> to do some clean up during this more, ... We could add them later is
> really needed.
>
> I tested it only with vendor "Novell, inc." I am sure that there will be
> problems with other vendors. IMHO, it should not cause harm because it
> affects only few interested package maintainers. They should be able to
> fix problems and send patches.

In the first patch named "-L.patch", an absolute-path symlink is created
using:

for dir in `find "$lo_src_dir/$tarname" -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -type d` ; do
    ln -sf "$dir" "$start_dir"

and this is not good since I prepare one giant libreoffice tarball in a
temporary directory of a different machine, which means the system that I
download the sources and the system building sources is different. So that
abosolute path symlink seems broken in the a different machine.

What about making it a relative symlink instead using something like:

ln -sf "${dir/$start_dir\/}" "$start_dir"

or

ln -sf `echo $dir | sed -e "s,$start_dir\/,,"` "$start_dir"

--
Gökçen Eraslan