[Libreoffice] Are we back to having this spec process again!?

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Mon Jul 11 06:46:08 PDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-07-10 at 11:57 +0200, André Schnabel wrote:
> All that said: if you can suggest some other word for "spec" I'd be
> quite happy.

Dennis suggested "design notes".  I normally call it either feature
documentation, feature description, feature page, or simply just a wiki
page for feature XYZ.

To me, the word "specification" implies much more than just a collection
of information; it implies formality and final, approved decision that
cannot be changed without paperwork, votes, or whatever is the formal
way of proposing changes.  But I think Michael's explanation is pretty
much in line with how I perceive this term, and why I think it's a
mis-used term for this purpose.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc