[Libreoffice] [REVIEW] Better support for distro packaging

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Mon Jul 11 09:44:23 PDT 2011

Andreas Radke píše v Pá 08. 07. 2011 v 19:27 +0200:

> Right now I don't see the need for any of these patches. I have LibO
> pretty good under control with ArchLinux packaging tools.
>
> I'm using make DESTDIR=${pkgdir} install and then do some desktop
> integration that worked automatically in old ooo-build days. This could
> be improved.

How many lines do you need to install the desktop integration: wrappers,
desktop files, icons, MIME stuff, man pages, bash completion?
AFAIK, neither of this is created by "make install".

The proposed script bootstrap/bin/distro-install-desktop-integration has
180 lines. IMHO, it is relative effective. I need all the stuff. Why not
share it with others that have the same problem?

How do you pack SDK? Are your new packages backward compatible with the
older SDK packages produced from Go-oo?

> The former man-page is still missing.
>
> The most desired thing I guess are make install targets for splitted
> builds(writer,calc,sdk...). I know there're files to get the file lists,
> but I'm lazy here.

How do you solve backward compatibility with your older packages
produced using the old repo?

I wonder how long is your spec file ;-)

Best Regards,
Petr