[Libreoffice] [REVIEW] Better support for distro packaging

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Mon Jul 11 09:57:59 PDT 2011

Andreas Radke píše v Ne 10. 07. 2011 v 21:28 +0200:
> Am Sun, 10 Jul 2011 21:10:37 +0200
> schrieb Miklos Vajna <vmiklos at frugalware.org>:
>
> > On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 07:27:37PM +0200, Andreas Radke
> > <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
> > > The former man-page is still missing.
> >
> > Did you read Petr's patch? bin/distro-install-desktop-integration
> > takes care of that now.
>
> Yeah, but why do we need that distro install target at all? A fully
> working simple make install we had in old ooo-build days should satisfy
> everyone not only distro packager.

We might rename "distro-pack-install" into "install" in master. Though,
I do not have enough courage to do it between 3.4.1 and 3.4.2 bugfix
releases.

If you want to have full features "make install" you either need to
modify "sysui" and the plain installer to do something more useful.
Alternatively, you need some scripts for postprocessing. I am always
scared to touch sysui and the plain installer, so my choice was easy.

Patches for better solution are always welcome ;-)

Best Regards,
Petr