[Libreoffice] [REVIEW] 4 minutes 27 seconds -> 11 seconds

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue Jul 12 01:27:25 PDT 2011

cmc->thb: I had some .doc documents which were awesomely slow to load
up, apparently because some polygons had to be split up into large
polypolygons due to a custom dashed line in use to draw them or
something of that nature.

Could you double check my change to basegfx2
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/libs-gui/commit/?id=2f580a32ad5dbb46cd3897316a12aea032b9e10e

I'm *sure* its good, but the scale of speed-up from 4 minutes 27 seconds
to 11 seconds is massively more than I expected. Especially as the
insert point is at the end, rather than at the beginning or middle which
would have required a lot of memmove type operations.

C.

(gcc/libstdcx++ 4.6.0, CXXFLAGS=-Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
-fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4,selinux enabled)