[Libreoffice] Unit tests - cppunit crashing with debug build

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Jul 12 01:35:34 PDT 2011

On Monday 11 of July 2011, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> I think the whole mixing code with and without -D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG is sadly
> hopeless. "this flag changes the sizes and behavior of standard class
> templates such as std::vector, and therefore you can only link code
> compiled with debug mode and code compiled without debug mode if no
> instantiation of a container is passed between the two translation
> units."
>
> I reckon we probably have to bite the bullet and drop -D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG
> from solenv ?

 I think we could simply force --without-system-libs (or at least for C++
libs) when --enable-debug is used and that could do. I don't how much is
_GLIBCXX_DEBUG is worth, but --without-system-libs doesn't look like that big
price to pay.

> p.s. There is another hack e.g. include <debug/list> vs include <list>
> which might be work investigating.

 How would that work? The non-debug 3rd-party lib will always use non-debug
version of list and that means we'd have to manually somehow use non-debug
version of list as well when interfacing with the library. That sounds pretty
unfeasible in practice to me.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz