[Libreoffice] ms import of ocx/userform controls

Noel Power nopower at novell.com
Wed Jul 13 13:50:28 PDT 2011

Hi there,
Be aware that in master regarding the  import of controls ( ole/ocx
controls and userform controls ) , please be on the look out for any
regressions in this area and let me know. Note: the import of older form
controls is still handled in the escher import in filters, the hasn't
changed. If you are interested in the background etc. read on, otherwise
that's it

In an effort to reduce some confusing duplication I have started to try
and 'retire' various parts of filter code that are duplicated. For some
time now import of ole userform controls has been using the new filter
code in oox but the import of those same controls ( when not appearing
in a userform ) has been using the old filter code in
filters/source/msfilter/msocximex.cxx.

The integration is still quiet ugly while this transition is ongoing,
regarding ole/ocx controls the export of these is still handled in the
old filter ( I didn't investigate yet what export capability ( if any )
is in the new filter) it appears this is only relevant for writer.
Additionally there were some controls that were handled in the old
filter that were not in the new one ( I ported those ). The changes (
rather more than I expected ) are below

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/filters/commit/?id=c8191e866b100d06ae7d0316fb15ba97cf00b234
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/writer/commit/?id=183c9723dce0296baa0a38220199a1aa0e9f52ca
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/calc/commit/?id=ec33010b89003d0983d4c3b746c5174dfeee8061
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/impress/commit/?id=631c1b8aaeadd749e3044cb031f9c1ff66c47a15

note: a similar situation also exists for import of vba projects and
code, there is a new vbaproject filter in oox but still in some places
the old filter ( at least afaik for impress ) is used. It would be
really nice to get rid of that old code too.

thanks,

Noel