[Libreoffice] [Libreoffice-ux-advise] Don't default to 'Selection' in the print dialog in Writer

Andre Schnabel Andre.Schnabel at gmx.net
Thu Jul 14 00:54:59 PDT 2011

Hi Kendy,

> Von: Jan Holesovsky <kendy at suse.cz>

> Please let me know if this breaks some particularly useful use case; I
> hope it does not.  Somebody who wants to print the selection knows what
> she wants to achieve, so she is ready to select the 'Selection' option;
> this is not true the other way around when somebody selects something
> accidentally, and wants to print.

If we had a persona "Andre" this would love to just select a range and text,
press Ctrl+P, Return. As we do not have such a Persona, it's only
my very private use case ;)

The szenario that only a drawing object gets printed, when a drawing
object is selectd should be fixed - thanks for that (I've not been aware
of this silly behaviour). I would like to keep the the default to
"print selection" when a text range is selected. But - this might be
complicated to implement and still be confusing for users.

regards,

André

Btw.: I just noticed that LibO / OOo seems to be my favourit application
for printing a selection. All other applications seem to default to
"print all" no matter if there is a current selection or not.