[Libreoffice] feature/gnumake4

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 09:12:18 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I have some questions about feature/gnumake4 branch.
It can now start. I'm sending two more patches. First needs review,
the second should be good but I did not push that either.
There was some issue with creating ..Env.Set.sh.

What's the plan with that branch? Just to merge and then delete?
I was trying to merge bootstrap and base.
I've done my best I think but there was some error with set_soenv
(first patch) and then something with Library makefiles. It can't
register components or something like that after my attempt of merge.
I don't know how to solve that and I'm not the right person because I
was not working in that area in any of the branches.
It was hard to merge bootstrap because especially in RepositoryFixes
there were many commits in both branches and now they differ too much.

And about the base. There were some changes with precompiled headers.
But that's not finished. Are they useful for something. I don't
understand what that should do and have not asked yet.
Each library needs its own precompiled header file? Because in base
(gnumake4) there were created new headers and source files changed to
include the right header and now is hard to know if there were also
some other changes or not. It's not finished because in Library_foo
makefile is still old common precompiled header. But that's just
detail.

Personally I'd prefer just to get from that branch what I want instead
of true merging. That way you don't have to be so careful because for
example there are often restored removed files by merge.

Maybe I could merge some modules (but probably with help like in base
I'm not sure if we want that change). I did not look at all, so I'm
not sure.
But at least bootstrap has to merge someone else.

All the best,
Matus