[Libreoffice] DDEInitiate bug

Knut Olav Bøhmer bohmer at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 02:06:58 PDT 2011

2011/7/15 Knut Olav Bøhmer <bohmer at gmail.com>:
> 2011/7/13 Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at novell.com>:
>> Hi Knut,
>>
>> On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 16:54 +0200, Knut Olav Bøhmer wrote:
>>> Now, fight! :D
>>
>>        This is a developers forum, not a place for sending E-mails about
>> reported bugs :-) It is only on-topic if you have a patch, or you want
>> advice and code pointers to help chase the issue down.
>
> I have debuged this in OOo321, as this is the version I've been able to compile.
> I have found out where the delay happens (I think).
>
> Line 183 in \svtools\source\svdde\ddecli.cxx
>
> pImp->hConv = DdeConnect( pInst->hDdeInstCli,*pService,*pTopic, NULL);
> DdeConnect is not an OpenOffice.org/LibreOffice function. I guess it
> is in unicows.
>
> What can I do now to make progress?

According to this document: http://www.techsoft.de/htbasic/support/dde_man.pdf
Default timeout for dde connections is 20 seconds.

As described in the bug report, this happens when an new soffice
process is used to start the macro. So I have a theory about that the
new soffice process blocks the DDE activity of the main soffice
process for 20 seconds, and when it times-out, the macro call to
DDEInitiate is allowed to continue.

Is there anyone who could help me with some brainstorming on which
tactics to use fighting this bug?

--
Knut Olav Bøhmer