[Libreoffice] [MHST] Problem with building Libreoffice after modifying some trivial code

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 02:30:06 PDT 2011

On 16 July 2011 10:51, Ta Duc Tung <tatung2112 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/15/2011 08:37 PM, Caolán McNamara wrote:

>>> Is it possible you did git pull -r in libs-gui but not in ure ?
>>>
>>> 'Exception on createRegistryServiceFactory
>>>
>>> file:///home/tatung/mhst2011/git/libo/solver/350/unxlngi6.pro/lib/bootstrap.uno.so:
>>> cannot get symbol: component_getImplementationEnvironment- nor:'
>>> looks like you don't have the right commits.
>>
>> I didn't see that the last time, didn't realize there was two different
>> pastebin logs, only looked at the other shorter log. The code that
>> throws that "nor:" message is gone since
>>
>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/ure/commit/?id=6d8f44b0bb27d97d679d2a6f699a25048a905951
>>
>> So your ure git repo must precede that change anyway, so Matúš is
>> probably right in that your ure repo is probably before that change
>> while some other repo is after that set of changes.
>>
>> C.
>>
> So you mean that I should git pull in ure folder. Should I git pull from
> other folders too? (like in the mail of Matus, he said git pull from
> cppuhelper)

Well, now, libreoffice's source code is split into more repositories:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/
(This will change in a month or so a little but now it's this way)
You don't have all of them but most. You can have a look at clone
directory. There are repositories which have been cloned.

ure is just a symlink to clone/ure/ure and cppuhelper -> clone/ure/cppuhelper
So ure and cppuhelper belong to the same ure git repository and
because of this git pull -r has the same effect in both of them.

Most of the time, when I want to pull new code I run ./g pull -r from
toplevel directory. That way I have all the changes from all
repositories.
In this case it would be sufficient to run git pull -r in ure but then
there could be new errors so just run ./g pull -r from toplevel.

Matus