[Libreoffice] [REVIEW 3-4] [PUSHED 3-4] Update mdds to 0.5.3

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Mon Jul 18 13:57:12 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-07-18 at 15:53 +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> On Fri, 2011-07-15 at 00:55 +0200, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
> > So one review needed to get it into 3.4.2. It is an quite important
> > fix as we got several reports where people reported they thought that
> > calc froze and switched back to 3.3.2.
>
> 	So:
>
> git diff --numstat 0_5_2..0_5_3  # inside mdds shows:
>
> 9       1       include/mdds/mixed_type_matrix.hpp
> 22      3       include/mdds/mixed_type_matrix_def.inl
> 113     652     include/mdds/mixed_type_matrix_storage.hpp
> 701     0       include/mdds/mixed_type_matrix_storage_filled_linear.inl
> 374     0
> include/mdds/mixed_type_matrix_storage_filled_nested_array.inl
> 376     0       include/mdds/mixed_type_matrix_storage_sparse.inl
> 2       244     include/mdds/rectangle_set.hpp
> 274     0       include/mdds/rectangle_set_def.inl
> 2       2       misc/mdds.spec.in
> 11      0       multidimalgorithm.vpj
> 81      0       src/array_creation_perf_test.cpp
> 75      8       src/mixed_type_matrix_test.cpp
> 1       0       src/test_global.hpp
>
> 	I feel extremely uncomfortable (personally) introducing a couple of
> thousands of LOC change between RC1 and final for 3.4.2. We're in a
> triple review mode because our changes will not get much testing before
> they are unleashed on tens of thousands of new people per day.

Just to tone down this statistics a bit.  The vast majority of changes
are in fact code relocations with no changes e.g. the change in
rectangle_set is purely moving code from one file to another.  Also, we
should ignore the changes in the src directory since those files are
only for internal unit tests, that are not even accessible from the
consumer code.  There are other files that are not relevant to the
actual code change that affects the LibO code, such as rpm spec file, my
editor's project file etc.

With that, the real change that directly affects LibreOffice code is
much much smaller than "a couple of thousands of LOC" that you say.

I'm just mentioning this so that we can make a decision based on more
meaning analysis than simply running stats on all changes when in fact
not all changes are relevant to our code base.

Peace,

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc