[Libreoffice] converting to new build system

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 02:28:29 PDT 2011

It seems like Bjoern unintentionally wrote this just to me:

Hi all,

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:54:32 +0200
Matúš Kukan <matus.kukan-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> On 19 July 2011 01:07, Mike Eberdt
> <libreme-Wuw85uim5zDR7s880joybQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > My 'dmake' fu is basically non-existent, so I haven't poked at this
> > seriously yet.  And as I understand it, a transition is underway to
> > GNU make, so I guess I've been a bit reluctant to put a lot of time
> > into learning the old build system.  However, I didn't notice any
> > info in the Developers section of the Wiki about using the new
> > build system, or helping with the migration, etc.  Is this
> > something that mere mortals can contribute to, or should I just
> > wait for the grand unveiling? :)
> >
> I'm really glad you wrote this. I think there is always possibility
> to help. For example adding visibility marks to exported objects
> should be easy, there are still some .map files to be processed.
>
> I'm not sure but may be it's already planned to write some info
> somewhere. If there are people willing to help, that's great.
> Moreover, there is always possibility to learn.

I just noted my original posts about that at:
http://blogs.oracle.com/GullFOSS/entry/gbuild_meet_the_new_boss
http://blogs.oracle.com/GullFOSS/entry/gbuild_eyecandy_for_developers
http://blogs.oracle.com/GullFOSS/entry/gbuild_how_to_migrate_a
http://blogs.oracle.com/GullFOSS/entry/gbuild_how_to_setup_a
http://blogs.oracle.com/GullFOSS/entry/build_scalability1
http://blogs.oracle.com/GullFOSS/entry/building_openoffice_org_with_gnu

are all gone. If somebody find an archived version of that and puts it
on the wiki, that would be great. At least the "how to migrate a
module" post is still there at:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Build_Environment_Effort/Module_Migration
with some additional info at:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Build_Environment_Effort/Gbuild_Bootstrapping
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Build_Environment_Effort/Zen_of_gbuild
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Build_Environment_Effort

If somebody collects all the relevant available info about gbuild and
puts it on the TDF wiki, that would be great -- I would help out with
that.

Best,

Bjoern