[Libreoffice] Error compiling from master inside vcl

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue Jul 19 03:23:20 PDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-07-17 at 00:17 +0200, Andreas Mantke wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to build LibO on Linux-x64 with KDE 4 (openSUSE 11.4-x64) from a fresh cloned
> master and the build failed inside the module vcl. I then did source
> ./LinuxX86-64Env.Set.sh and walked to vcl and run a make -r. That gave me the
> following output in the shell:

Freshly built, is it on a machine which previously successfully built
Libreoffice ?, or is it on a fresh install ?

> /local/libreoffice/gitrepro/libreoffice1/libo/solver/350/unxlngx6/workdir/CxxObject/vcl/unx/generic/app/randrwrapper.o:
> In function `(anonymous namespace)::RandRWrapper::XRRQueryExtension(_XDisplay*, int*,
> int*)':
> /local/libreoffice/gitrepro/libreoffice1/libo/vcl/unx/generic/app/randrwrapper.cxx:214:
> undefined reference to `XRRQueryExtension'

This suggests that the code in vcl/unx/generic/app/randrwrapper.cxx was
compiled with USE_RANDR and without XRANDR_DLOPEN. I see -lXrandr *is*
in the link line, but at the beginning again as is the current style. I
suspect it might be the positioning of -lXrandr on the link line, which
will reportedly get fixed with the gnumake4 work.

As a workaround, you could try configuring with an extra
--disable-randr-link (do a make -sr clean in vcl first)

C.