[Libreoffice] Error compiling from master inside vcl

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Wed Jul 20 03:12:51 PDT 2011

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, 2011-07-19 at 20:29 +0200, Andreas Mantke wrote:
> I used the same machine in the past for building with openSUSE 11.3-x64. In the
> meantime I updated to 11.4 using zypper -dup. Thus you could see it as a fresh
> install.

	I assume you re-ran autogen.sh from a clean shell after updating ? :-)
I would also strongly suggest building from clean after such a large
change.

> But it stops a bit later in the same module:
>
> gtkobject.cxx:(.text+0x7b3): undefined reference to `g_signal_connect_data'
> gtkobject.cxx:(.text+0x7c1): undefined reference to `g_type_check_instance_cast'

	Looks like a library / linking problem; all of those symbols are in
glib / gtk+ and it looks like you may be missing the gtk2-devel package
(or somesuch).

> ./autogen.sh --with-num-cpus=2 --with-max-jobs=2 --without-junit --with-lang=de
>  --enable-kde4 --disable-randr-link

	Sounds fine; did you do that from a clean / new shell ? without the
LinuxIntelEnv.Set.sh sourced ?

	HTH !

		Michael.