[Libreoffice] [REVIEWED 3-4-2] [PUSHED 3-4-2] Update mdds to 0.5.3

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Wed Jul 20 03:17:00 PDT 2011

Hi Kohei,

On Tue, 2011-07-19 at 09:37 -0400, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> Because I'd like mdds to be product-neutral, general purpose library.

	Okay; but of course this makes it much harder for people from
LibreOffice (so far its only user) to contribute to it - wrt. git commit
accounts and so on - right ? we could of course have a mirror mdds repo
that could be cross-merged from in libreoffice - would that achieve the
same end ? [ the distributed world should be ok with that ].

> It is because the repository was a Mercurial repository up until I
> converted it to git *only a few days ago*, and I was extremely
> uncomfortable using branches with Mercurial.

	Fair enough :-)

> Now that the repo is git, I can use branches more aggressively.

	Great - having a branch for stable releases would be very helpful IMHO.

> Sure.  The code mostly affects matrix calculations in formulas.  This
> can be either a function that takes in-line formula expressions, or an
> expression whose result is an array which spans over multiple cells.

	Hokay - we should poke the QA guys I guess; but I imagine they will
need more specifics wrt. function names etc. We have regression tests
already for this stuff I assume [ do we use the gnumeric ones ? ].

	Thanks,

		Michael.