[Libreoffice] Kill Dtwm/CDE

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Jul 22 02:55:29 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-22 at 01:36 +0200, Thomas Arnhold wrote:
> On 07/21/2011 09:49 PM, Francois Tigeot wrote:
> > Why does LO tinker with window managers in the first place ?
>
> Maybe from times where you had to do so (various X servers and
> implementations) and the idea of StarOffice as all-in-one desktop tool ;)

The floating toolbar thingies are one example of a real curse to get
working right with different window managers. We ended up poking at what
the window manager is in a few places :-(

I always wanted to move the odd bits into a libbrokenwm.so to isolate
them off into one place with some test-cases to demo the issues to let
blame get assigned correctly to them or us.

C.