[Libreoffice] Mac OS 10.4 Support

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 22 06:46:10 PDT 2011

Hi *,

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Michael Meeks
<michael.meeks at novell.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-07-21 at 20:21 -0700, Joseph Powers wrote:
>> Just doing a little research and wanted to report my findings:
> [...]
>        I'd love an ack from Norbert / Christian - to make a final decision, or
> if it is truly controversial we can discuss it at the TSC meeting next
> week.

I won't ack it - I happen to be one of those who have PPC with 10.4 on it..

So unless there is something to be done for Lion/Snow Leopard that is
blocked by sticking with 10.4 compatibility, I'm against removing this
baseline requirement just because it is "old".
As for updating to 10.5 - would you really spend money to upgrade the
machine when the vendor did already stop support for it? Throw money
out of the window to update from one old version to a new version that
is just as old (and risk of breaking your working setup)?

So I don't quite follow the "10.4 users could update to 10.5" thought.

Actual user numbers would help more than OS release dates.

ciao
Christian