[Libreoffice] how to fix error Cannot link against library/libraries cairo in building LibreOffice

Mahasen Dehideniya mahasen_d at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 20:40:18 PDT 2011

hi,

I trying to build LibreOffice in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS ..

When i followed  the instruction in http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/How_to_build  i was end up with following error.

when i compile code by  'make' command

it says that there is an error in vcl module

then I re-run build inside vcl to isolate the problem.

After that i get following error :(  - (Cannot link against library/libraries cairo.)

[ info  ALL ] currently known libraries are: AppleRemote GL GLU ICE OGLTrans SM X11 Xext adabasui avmedia basebmp basegfx canvastools chartcontroller chartmodel charttools chartview comphelper cppcanvas cppu cppuhelper cppunit crypto cui dba dbaxml dbmm dbtools dbu desktop_detector dl doctok drawinglayer editeng fileacc for forui freetype frm fsstorage fwe fwi fwk fwl fwm graphite2_off hatchwindowfactory hwp i18nisolang1 i18npaper i18nutil icui18n icule icuuc jpeg jvmaccess jvmfwk lng lomenubar lwpft m msfilter msforms msword oox ooxml passwordcontainer productregistration pthread qstart_gtk rdf resourcemodel rpt rptui rptxml sal salhelper sax sb sc scd scfilt scui sd sdbt sdd sdfilt sdui sfx slideshow sm smd sot spa ssl svl svt svx svxcore sw swd swui test textconversiondlgs tk tl ucbhelper unordf unoxml utl vbahelper vbaobj vbaswobj vcl vclplug_gen vclplug_gtk vclplug_gtk3 vclplug_kde vclplug_kde4 vclplug_svp writerfilter writerfilter_uno xcr xml2 xo
 xof xslt z
/home/mahasen/git/libo/clone/libs-gui/vcl/Library_vcl.mk:474: *** Cannot link against library/libraries cairo. Libraries must be registered in Repository.mk.  Stop.

I attach Repository.mk file with that mail.

Please tell  me how can i fix this error ?

What is Repository.mk file , is it kind of make file ?
How can i registere library in Repository.mk. ?

Thank  you.... In Advance

Regrades,

Mahasen