[Libreoffice] Brace for impact - gnumake4 to hit master

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Sat Jul 23 18:13:57 PDT 2011

[ Sorry, replied off-list unintentionally. ]

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 04:10:37AM +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen <bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:
> I have reverted the gbuildization of gnumake4 in writerfilter and kept
> "our" gbuildization. Still I think, we(**) should take a very close look
> at that, as it seems to be doing some things quite right. I got the
> gnumake4 gbuildization working, but I did not resync that state with the
> latest changes in writerfilter. I created two temporary tags in filters:
> -
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/filters/tag/?id=feature/gnumake4_writerfilter_base
> -
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/filters/tag/?id=feature/gnumake4_writerfilter_head
>
> which are the working gnumake4 gbuildization state (head) and "our"
> master state it was based on (base). That diff (in writerfilter only) is
> pushed as a featurebranch:
>  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/filters/commit/?h=feature/gnumake4_writerfilter
>
> which we can merge to master, if we choose to. Otherwise, we should
> delete those.

Hi Bjoern,

As we discussed on IRC in the long term it's a good idea to do what is
in gnumake4 (merge the various small libs to a single writerfilter lib);
but probably it makes more sense to do it once rtftok is not under heavy
development. Of course if you / David want to do it right now I can live
with that as well.

Thanks.